Hello everyone and Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow UCSB Gaucho Jen Genuine!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 questions given to the nominee before you.
- You must select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer your 10 questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Questions from Jen Genuine:
1. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be? Why?
This is a seriously tough question. I would have to say Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. It’s a classic, beautifully written story. Besides, who can resist the tumultuous relationship between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Such scandal! Such drama!
2. Why did you start your blog?
After blogging vicariously through others for years, I thought: “Hey! I can do that too.” I enjoy writing, and needed a forum to document my ideas and adventures. I also wanted to create something that was uniquely me, hence “Watch Me Juggle” was born.
3. What story does your family always tell about you?
I believe the story that gets told the most often is of the time I forgot all of my English after spending a month in Austria with my mother when I was two. Upon my arrival in the states, I was determined to tell my father every last detail of our trip, entirely in German. Which he barely understands.
4. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Hard question, as I already have some wonderful mentors in my life. But, if I could choose anyone, it would have to be Jackie Kennedy Onassis. More on this later.
5. What is one of your favorite sounds?
The California girl in me would have to say the ocean. It’s soothing, and if you’re close enough to hear it firsthand, you’re probably somewhere beautiful.
6. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I feel so grateful to have a “thing.” Dance is my thing, it’s my passion in life. I took my first ballet class when I was seven and never looked back. A lot of people
7. Who are your top three style icons?
Coco Chanel (a pioneer, if there ever was one), Audrey Hepburn, and (for someone a bit more contemporary) Kate Middleton. Elegance never goes out of style, am I right?
8. What was the best thing that happened to you last weekend?
I got to spend a little bit of time with some of my favorite ladies. Good company, good beer, and homemade cookies make for a good Sunday.
9. What is your favorite song to sing in the shower?
I unfortunately don’t have a go-to song, but it’s usually whatever fabulous pop song is stuck in my head at the time. I have a penchant for Beyonce and Katy Perry. They’re songs as just so darn catchy.
10. What is something adventurous you intend on doing this year?
I have an awful long list of places to see and people to visit in the US: Seattle, Phoenix, Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans, the list goes on! I’m hoping to organize a little cross-country trip for myself sometime this year.
My Questions for you!
- What’s the first thing on your bucket list?
- If you could have one person (dead or alive) over to your house for dinner, who would it be?
- What’s something that not everyone knows about you?
- What’s your most prized possession?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What drew you to blogging?
- What is your dream job or career path?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s the last nice thing someone did for you?
- Are there any causes you strongly believe in? Why?
- Hemingway and Handbags
- Little Bird Lee
- Make it a Double
- Kennedy in the City
- The Bungalow Nest